From the Happy Herbivore book.
Makes 1 loaf
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1/4 tsp. lemon juice
4-5 spotted or browning bananas
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 tsp. ground cinammon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 cups of flour (I like to use 1 cup oat flour, 1 cup spelt flour, you can also use 2 cups whole wheat flour)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will also need an 8" non-stick loaf pan.
2. Whisk the non-dairy milk and lemon juice together until bubbly and set aside.
3. Combine bananas and sugars in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
4. In a large bowl, whisk spices, flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
5. Add milk-lemon juice and banana mixture, as well as remaining ingredients, to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
6. Pour into loaf pan using a spatula to evenly distribute and smooth top.
7. Make a tent over the pan with a large piece of aluminum foil.
8. Bake for 45 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.